Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Make Life Happen

It seems that some people are content with simply letting life happen for them.  It is important for us to decide what is going to happen in life for ourselves.  To just exist is not enough, at least for me.  I can't imagine that anyone wants to go along, simply existing. I'll bet you will agree with me that the journey is more fun if we know where we are going and how to get there.

How do we get there?  Well, I believe that we first have to find and identify our dream, our purpose, our goal or goals, and then you will be able to grow into that dream of your life, realizing your maximum potential along the way.  Not only for yourself, but perhaps for others.  It is important to never be fearful to confront adversity or the unknown.  As I have learned over the years, one has nothing to lose and everything to gain from that fear. 

Along the path, I know that we can touch, in a positive and redemptive way, our own lives and even the lives of other people who then may be able to begin to find the power in a dream and their own successful journey in life.

It took me a while to figure this out myself.  But, with every challenge that came my way, each disappointment, negative event or disruption in either my life or for my family, I knew that in order to come out of them successfully, that I had to leave with something learned and something gained.  Oh, and it was important to understand that it did not have to be all good, all the time.  What was important for me was to understand that it was the experience that I needed in my life to make me stronger and able to find the strength and courage to go on to the next life experience along the way.  It was so simple.  I had to resolve myself to the fact that this was only life happening around me.  I needed to embrace it, experience it, learn from it and share it and then move on and as a much stronger me.  No doubt about it, life is great, when you make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment