Friday, June 10, 2011

Keeping Myself Motivated

"The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it." - Alan Saporta


This week is one of those weeks. There have been some disappointing moments over the past several days in my personal life and some pretty intense moments in my professional life. The good news is that the later kept me motivated and not focused on the disappointing moments in my personal life. Of course I know that we all have them. However, this is one of those moments of "been there done that," but prefer not to be there again scenarios.

Why is is that the passion we pour into one or two aspects of our lives cannot, or is not shared with all of the other aspects of our lives? It can really leave a person to wonder; that person on the receiving end of the opposite side of the spectrum. I hear, "it is what it is..." Well, I venture to tell you that it does not have to be that way. We can share passion in one aspect of life with the others. I believe it makes for a good balance, happy life and assures those in your life that you do matter and that they do make a difference too.


Not sure why communication, let alone good communication, is such a problem for some people, when we all know that it makes all the difference in the world. No matter what the people in our lives; family, friends, lovers, significant others, husbands, wives, children, and the list can go on and on; without insightful communication, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, getting through any tough spots can be next to impossible.


Why is it that we have to decide that it is about who is right or wrong, or point fingers? Is that really necessary when we are in this together? Admit it, there are times that we must fall on our sword and own up that mistakes are made and it is about forgiveness that makes the difference in the end.


Remember that without sharing what is on your mind, especially if there is a concern for history repeating itself, or the new discovery made may not have been wisest of moves for everyone, all that is left on the horizon is speculation.


So, Live, Love and Laugh...and communicate those emotions and the others in between. They motivate me and can make all the difference in the world.I am so happy I have this blog to share my thoughts before I speak my mind. It keeps me motivated and in check too.

No comments:

Post a Comment