Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family Ties

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family" - Anthony Brandt

Not a lot of time today, but you will read why I am making the time to take the time.

Several days ago I began my story with you, "Finding my Father."  I shared the amazing discovery that my father is still part of this earth an my life and that this discovery came with the possibility of a new family.

Time has passed over the last month and ommunication with my new family has been pretty sparse.  There, but infrequent.  I have made it a pact to make time these days to reach out to family, friends and loved ones as much as possible. I will continue to make certain to "check in," on a routine basis in an effort to keep the fire burning and this beautiful discovery going.  What life has taught me, both professionally and personally, is that absence any communication, that silence has a tendency to speak volumes. So, it is important that we all pay attention to a valuable life lesson from time to time and that is to "take time to smell the roses."  Reconnect with ourselves, family, friends and loved ones routinely.  There is no doubt in my mind that it can make a huge difference in someone's life at that moment.

So, my promise to everyone in my "family" and myself to make time to communicate, keep the home fires burning and the miracle opf family alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment