Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today is Your Day...

For my family and friends reading the blog; Today is your day; and if you want it, make it happen, so you can win. 

Perhaps a phrase we hear often, tell others to think about, but because of the obstacles that can get in the way from time to time, ultimately fail to really believe in it for ourselves.  Sometimes those obstacles can be so big that we are not sure how to move them, our of our way or learn to be resilient enough to plow through them.

I think we can all agree that life is not easy some of the time. I don't really believe that it was ever meant to be.  However, I am certainly aware that with our myriad if responsibilities of caring for family, home responsibilities and work duties, it can all seem a bit over the top at times.  But for me, part of the fun from it all really is the climb.  However, if you then add in the troubles that life can toss our way, such as the unexpected traumas, crises or unwanted situations, or bad attitudes from others in life, being overwhelmed can sum up the situation.  We've all been there and some more frequently than others. 

No doubt, some have certainly had more than their share of tough times and hurdles to climb.  Life does have a tendency to toss us around now and then and sometimes when we find ourselves flat on our back, we are even kicked again when we are down.  What is it I hear from time to time?  I remember, "It is what it is..." While that can certainly be true, I believe that being resilient and believing in yourself and that today can be your day will be the key to finding the resiliency to get through the mess and stress.

I believe that resiliency is a learned behavior from our human instinct to survive.  As I mentioned above, we all have those moments in life, when we wonder, "why me?" or "what did I ever do to deserve this?" Better yet, "why do I keep having to justify myself to the human race?" something I know that others like me and myself are doing far to often.  The of course there are the situations that can be created by others by words or actions that can really make us doubt ourselves. While it may not be easy all the time, it might be a good idea to try to remember the old "sticks and stones..." phrase that our parents continually reminded us about when we were growing up.  Despite being a cliche phrase, it really does work because they are only words and you do not have to believe them.

Regardless, from my point of view and personal experience, I have learned through life that it truly "is what it is."  But, the more resilient you allow yourself to be, the more you believe that "today is your day," the better your day and life will be and the better you will feel about yourself and your life.

So, no matter what the day held for you, there is still time to make today a great day and your life all you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment