Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Getting through the Storm...It is all About Attitude

Attitude!  I keep a good and positive one most of the time.  However, I picked up the paper this morning to read on my commute and it was loaded with very negative, sorrowful news and stories of hopelessness.  With the press sensationalizing all of the negativity going on around us, it really is difficult to keep a smile on our faces, hope in our hearts and a positive attitude with each and every day. 

Many of us find peace and tranquility in a prayer, focusing in the good and always the promise that tomorrow will be a better day. No matter what, we need to conscious of our attitudes for they are contagious no matter how you look at them. 

Throughout my life, and I'm not even sure why or when it happened to me, I realized that by having a positive mental attitude is was my way of asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done. Unfortunately, the later was something I heard on a routine basis growing up.  I never gave into it. I may have succumbed to the predicament, but I never believed that was how I would believe throughout my life.

So, today, with the news of more stock market challenges, more loss of life on foreign and domestic soil, some of these lives were lost fighting for our very own freedoms, I blog because my hope is that it will help all of some of you to keep on believing in the promise of a better tomorrow and to not to give into it.  Yes, undoubtedly, we have to work extra hard at keeping our attitudes positive though all kinds of stormy weather like this, as well as through all the challenges we will experience in our lives.

So I challenge you to believe that there is nothing that we face in life that we cannot get through. We have to learn how to remain positive when negativity is staring us down and being sensationalized in the news. For those of you that want to know how to do that, let me share this thought with you. There is really no secret to it. There is no easy path to it. It is something that you have to work at daily. It simply requires that you use positive affirmations, prayer with your faith, as well as having the love and support of family and friends that will support your positive attitude.









No comments:

Post a Comment