Monday, August 8, 2011

Living in the Moment

What a whirlwind of a weekend.  Seems like I just left the Friday night commute when I woke up this morning and then much to my dismay learned that it was Monday all over again. There I go, not living for the moment.

There seems like there is always something to do at home to improve it, work in our yard, the basement remodel, spend quality time with family, play with the pets, oh and yes, that thing called rest too. I don't know about you, but somehow there just never seems like enough time for which to get everything you want done or complete and through the process of getting it all done, can we keep our focus on living in the moment?

The weekend was awesome, don't get me wrong.  There were many great moments and I lived in them and enjoyed them all.  I was able to check in with all of the kids in one way or the other, spend  time celebrating birthdays with our neighbors and friends, Mark and Sarah, share a great dinner and time with good friends, Dave and Alan, paperwork in my home office is filed away, banking and its reconciliation (not my favorite thing to do) done, pets were exhausted from all their play with me time this weekend, and the yard and house look incredible from all of love and labor. 

As I sit here on Sunday night, Brian is still here visiting with us for the night (we love these moments in time when the kids are home), we've had a great meal, prepared by none other than, Mr. Steven,  Now,this is my time to check in, write and prepare my psyche for the chaos and claims of Monday morning.  I'm convinced that we bring the negativity about and not liking Mondays all on our ourselves.  Regardless, I am doing my best to just be living in the moment.  This moment is mine to clear my head and let my thoughts be free to flow to paper or to my keyboard.

I know for myself that living in the moment can be a difficult task for me.  Not about enjoying the moment, but about not wanting to get to the next one right away.  Unfortunately, like so many in the world, I tend to be creature of needing, okay and wanting immediate results.  I know that this has not been such a good thing to need or want, because I usually need to have immediate physical proof for those results. 

I have been working over the past two years now to just experience the moment, not the next or the one just before it, but that moment.  There is so much to be said for the true experience, especially when you do not let the small stuff get in the way.  Easier than said that done on some days, but working nevertheless.  I have learned along the way that writing helps me with ensuring that I truly experience the moment.  Probably why my blog has helped me put focus to my thoughts and life.

If you are abe to, please try to read my Inspiration Quote Page today.  Finally, I read this quote one day, loved it because it resonated with me.  As I end today's thoughts, I thought it appropriate to share with you today.  "Try to keep in mind that if you have one eye on yesterday, and one eye on tomorrow,  that you're going to be cockeyed today." - Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment