Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hope is faith...

Hope; I'd venture to say that we all have it in our hearts and desire to maintain it in our lives.  So what is is, really?

I believe that hope is a desire for something to happen, while expecting or being confident that it will come true. Hope also implies a certain amount of perseverance, believing that something is possible even when there is some evidence to the contrary. Hope may be directed toward something minor or towards something extremely significant in our lives. "False hope" to me would be hoping for something that is extremely unlikely or unrealistic.

Like all of you, I have hope, faith and believe in my family's incredible future that lies before us, that all of our children will all find and achieve their place in the world that they have dreamed of all their lives  But through it all, I maintain the courage necessary to comfort any disappointment.  Why courage? It is quite simple really; courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.

I try to keep the hope in my heart alive, my dreams realistic and my fear to a minimum. I believe that each of us start each day out with a very strong desire or 'hope' that how we want or plan to have the day or event happen for us, our families, or at our place of employment, will become our reality. What I have to remember for myself is not to despair over an event that does may not go my way. I have to remember that hope helps us see the invisible, feel the intangible and if we believe strongly enough, it can achieve the impossible.




1 comment: