Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Next up...Buffalo...

Last weekend was a very busy and productive family weekend in Iowa. Our goal was accomplished.  Quality family time and focus. 

This coming weekend will be no different.  In fact, it will be even more excitement, more family focused and it will undoubtedly provide us with another chapter in the new beginning for the Bauth, Bridgeman and Wingert families.

As I have said, we are very excited and filled with joy and anticipatiion as we head for Buffalo early Thursday morning.  This is certainly one of the biggest milestones I have ever experienced in my life and one we are looking forward to and embark upon with an open mind and heart.  Everyone and everything thing involved leading up to this trip has been filled with love and genuine excitement

As I have blogged over the past several months, these life experiences have been 52 years in the making (the most of  those years all unknown years to me).  Regardless, I cannot change the past or even understand the decisions that were made for me way back then, but I am focused on the future now and I am very excited  to meet all of the members of the Bauth and our extended families. From all of my varied conversations with family over the past few months, all systems are go for this visit and everyone involved is very much looking forward to sharing the experience together as a family and taking it to the next chapter.

My search  for my 'dad,' over the past several years and especially the new experiences with him and my 'new family,' leading up to our visit this weekend, has reminded of the quote from George Moore; "A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it." It is right on the mark regarding all of the emotions and other elements that have been experienced and encompassed what 'home' means to me.  They were all a very important part of my search and ultimate discovery.

So, on to the next chapter in this discovery, which is a very inspirational message and story for everyone, all on its own merit. This family discovery reminds me of another quote, where I will leave you today;

"Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter." -- Brad Henry




No comments:

Post a Comment