Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stop and Smell the Roses and breathe...

Please make the time to stop and smell the roses.

In the fast pace of life, we oftentimes get caught up racing for the next deadline, the next event, the next meeting, the next promotion, the next million… is it really worth it? Are we taking notice of what is really important?  What is life to you? Are you really living life to its fullest potential and taking time to stop and smell the roses? 

I would be willing to bet that like me and a million others, we barely take time to take in a fresh breath of air, make the time to have small talk at the dinner table with our families and/or friends, take a walk outside and not worry that something isn't getting done, or that your missing out something else. We only have this one amazing life and we have to do all we can to take it all in and not only enjoy the moments, but the people sharing the moments with us. 

While I am not really sure why, I've found myself taking more notice of this over the past several months.  I suppose it is because we are not spring chickens anymore and before I knew it the kids were grown up, either married and moved away from home and unfortunately we do not see them as often as we would like to anymore.  Life continues to happen all around me and there are times I find myself afraid to blink for fear that I will miss the next thing happening around me and my family. That is how quickly life seems to be passing us by. 

The good news is that we try very hard not to let life 'pass us by.' We try to live in the moment, to take in every breath and make sure we take in every experience as much as we possibly can.  This is the very reason, I wanted to make sure that after I found my new family that I took the time necessary to initially get to know them.  Why I took the time that I did not have to attend my brother's wedding.  Not only to meet my father, but to be there for him, as we have been there for each other our entire lives.  That is why I will make the time to be with my partner as much as possible, whether that is to travel with him here and there, or to get to wherever the kids are anytime I can make it happen.  Of course, if they need me, I'm there regardless.  But, what I am talking about is for me and for the goodness of my heart and soul.  It is for my family too, as I want them to know that I will make the time for them no matter what.

I could go on for quite some time, but I believe this message is good as it.  However, I would like to leave you with this thought.  Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away.







No comments:

Post a Comment