Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confidence


Once again, life, writers block and honestly, a lack of confidence and yes, motivation too, have kept me from updating my Blog for the past few weeks. I mean, I am human after all.

Admittedly, I have never been one to get on a soapbox to share my woes or disappointments. As I mentioned, I am human, have experienced what seems like my fair share of them lately too and I lost a bit of confidence. But, that is why they call it “LIFE.” Regardless, since I can remember, I have always been the shoulder and not the other way around and I will agree that it is not a very wise thing to do. It has never been in my nature to off load those things, only to process and find a way to get back on top. Of course, some of my very close friends and I have been able to share those from time to time, when they rattle my cage to see what is going on with me, or why I have not posted. It seems like they have a sixth sense and it does make me smile.

So, what brought me back you ask? Easily put it was finding my confidence again and being in a position to help a friend and colleague. It brought me back and of course i will be keeping it in place. I am certainly aware that self-belief is a positive tonic and key to our own self confidence, which has always helped me grow under the most difficult circumstances. I just needed a nudge, one I wasn’t looking for or even asked for, as most things are for me these days, it just came back.

This latest experience, or should I say experiences reminded me of something I read once and I cannot even remember who said it, but I know it was a passage in an inspirational book I recently read. Regardless, It went something like this:

“…fact of the matter is, there is no hip world, and there is no straight world. There's a world, you see, which has people in it who believe in a variety of different things. Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence.” This is so powerful to me. As I come back charging today, I felt it was important to share with anyone who may need the “nudge” themselves.

Today, I am going to leave you with one of my all time favorite quotes, by a very intelligent and one of my all time favorites, David Henry Thoreau, “Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.”

No comments:

Post a Comment